I recently bumped into an fxs-fxo gateway. An old device by it’s just for fun and to get to know how such a gateway can be used. I like to be able to realize some features:
– forward land line calls to a SIP account
– placing a call from a SIP account through the land line
– being able to log incoming and outgoing calls a the land line
– if even possible record phone calls
– ‘multicast’ the ring of a land line call to both fixed phones and softphones
First of all I have to hook the device up to an old fashion serial port to re-initialize it.
Connecting through the serial line was possible, however I won’t get any information only a ‘progress bar’ kind of output. This bar will continue over multiple rows, I don’t know if I have to wait longer before it is going to stop.
Will be continued